Access control

Third Party access

Third Party access cards will be issued to all permanent or temporary third parties working at UCT for periods of up to 6 months. They must be supported by one of the following members of staff:

  • The head of department (academic departments).
  • The director/head of department (administrative and support departments).
  • The relevant dean.

Third Parties can be defined as:

  • Employees of contractors undertaking outsourcing functions such as catering, campus security, cleaning, grounds and gardens.
  • Employees of agencies such as the NRF and MRC.
  • Independent contractors such as PAWC-GSH staff (but not JMS-PAWC staff who are by definition UCT staff because they are joint staff, and should get UCT staff cards).
  • Consultants.
  • Medium to long-term visitors who are neither staff (whether honorary or remunerated) nor students.
  • Commercial tenants leasing the university premises for private use.

To apply for a Third Party access please complete a BAS03 form.